7.11.2012

Day 10

Sometimes I wish I could just keep my mouth shut and not say every stupid thought I have. 




My first breath bound me into service.
          My feet carry the dust of every land beneath the sun, a few that have never seen the light of day, and more than I can count whose names are nothing but a whisper in the trees. It’s not my place to stay, to linger. To remind them of the service I perform when they are at their most vulnerable or the burden that grows heavier with every soul in need.
          But still for every soul in need, my body opens and welcomes home their wrongs. It’s not my place to complain, to refuse. To judge them for actions that are only in their nature.
          So I keep travelling, searching for those only I can absolve so just once in their brief existences they may know peace. I add to my burden. I gather dust and names and lives and years. I carry their stories in the pockets of my coat.
          When at last they take their final breath, the world will take hers.
          And then I will rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment